Shabby Peonies

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Adore - Altered Frame


The title says it all! This is my 4-year-old granddaughter's first school picture, she started Pre-K this year, and she's growing up way too fast!

I prepped my frame with some Deco Arts Americana Oak Gel Stain and added a single layer of  Americana Dura Clear Polyeurathane Gloss Varnish. I didn't want a super glossy surface but wanted a layer of protection so I can easily wipe the frame clean.
 
Once the frame was dry I added some Prima Adhesive Rub-Ons and Holographic Dreams Rub-On Foil. They are so simple and fun to use, and adhered quite easily to the wooden frame.

I added the chipboard word piece "adore" that I painted with some Jaquard Lumiere Metallic Bronze Paint, it coordinated well with the tones of the stained frame and the lovey rub-ons. 

 A small Prima flower vine adorns the bottom left side of the frame to add some colour and compliment the overall classy look of the frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment