Shabby Peonies

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

12" X 12" Treasured Moments Kaisercraft Layout (Hip Kit Club Design Team Call)

Oh those eyes.

Those "Please Nana, can I....?" eyes!! 

They just melt my heart (and my resolve) every time :)


I wanted to do a special layout for my little sweetheart on Valentine's Day, so I chose the beautiful Treasured Moments, Kaisercraft collection. Though it was difficult to cover such a beautiful paper in any way, the base for my layout (a pattern named Wonder) was prepped with some Finnabair White Crackle Texture Paste and a Rebekah Meier stencil, and spritzed it with some Razzeldazzel Berry, Pop Art Pink & Before Dawn Vibez sprays from Shimmers Paints


Next I cut & distressed a couple more papers from the Treasured Moments (Ponder & Recollection patterns) collection, then I edged them, along with a few pieces of ephemera, with a Magenta Water Soluble Oil Pastel from Prima.


I added a little bird cage Kaisercraft ephemera piece to the top left corner of the layout and a cluster of flowers from Handicrafts Supplier, including gardenias and a cherry blossom. I drizzled some glass beads and pink Martha Stewart microbeads as a butterfly trail, for my Kaisercraft butterfly sticker, topped with more microbeads. 


On the bottom right corner of the photo in the layout, is another cluster of gardenias from Handicrafts Supplier, as well as a curly white rose and pink chrysanthemums from Wild Orchid Crafts. Finally, a sprinkling of glass beads and microbeads. Just beneath the photo I adhered a tiny pinch of sparkly tulle to the half-doily shape, and top it with a sparkly resin heart to add a bit of whimsy to match my granddaughter's!


A couple of ticket stub ephemera pieces, edged with the oil pastel, are topped with a cherry blossom & a tiny pink Wild Orchid Crafts sweetheart blossom and one last sprinkling of beads just a few inches over. 







No comments:

Post a Comment